Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Commuter Comedy

My morning commute today was plagued by having to participate in a teleconference. Thank goodness for hands-free cellphones. But attending committee meetings by phone while you're trying to pay due attention to D.C.'s omnipresent rush-hour nut-cases does feel like adding insult to injury.

The good traffic fairy must have known I needed a lift. She placed a car with my new favorite bumper sticker directly in front of me:


You can get it here. I'm gonna.

5 comments:

David in DC said...

I feel your pain, Ash.

But you've stated the problem with extraordinarily good grammer.

Anonymous said...

That bumpersticker expresses my sentiments exactly! I'm glad the traffic fairy was good to you. Oh, by the way, I bought that book "When Bad Things Happen To Good People" and am about halfway through. It's a nice easy read, and so far is fantastic!!! Rabbi Kushner is great--I'd love to talk to him someday!

David in DC said...

He writes a book every few years.

There's a very good one on the 23rd psalm (The Lord is My Shepherd), which is a liturgical text both Jews and Christians alike revere.

When he's got a book out, he hits the Jewish Book Festival circuit. I think my mom saw him at an appearance like that and said he was very gracious.

ANON1 said...

Wow. Real clever and mature. Grow up David you're over 40.

David in DC said...

Grow up?!

(Aside: the interrobang is my favorite punctuation mark).

Never!

Not growing up helps keep you from growing old.