Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Diagnostic Genius

My life's a little hectic right now. Thank heavens for the jokes my friend Michel sends:

A young doctor had moved out to a small community to replace a doctor who was retiring. The older gent suggested the young one accompany him on his rounds so the community could become used to a new doctor.

At the first house a woman complained, "I've been a little sick to my stomach." The older doctor said, "Well, you've probably been overdoing the fresh fruit. Why not cut back on the amount you've been eating and see if that does the trick?"

As they left the younger man said, "You didn't even examine that woman. How'd you come to your diagnosis so quickly?"

"I didn't have to. You noticed I dropped my stethoscope on the floor in there? When I bent over to pick it up, I noticed a half dozen banana peels in the trash.. That was what was probably making her sick."

"Hmm," the younger doctor said, "pretty sneaky. I think I'll try that at the next house."

Arriving at the next house, they spent several minutes talking with another woman. She complained that she just didn't have the energy she once did. I'm feeling terribly run down lately.

"You've probably been doing too much work for the church," the younger doctor told her. "Perhaps you should cut back a bit and see if that helps." As they left, the elder doc said, "Your diagnosis is almost certainly correct, but how did you arrive at it?"

"Well, just like you at the last house, I dropped my stethoscope. When I bent down to retrieve it, I noticed the preacher under the bed."

5 comments:

sybil law said...

Haha - nice.
I wish my doctor made house calls!
I'd probably be a complete shut -in if he did, though.

Moonbeam said...

LOL...nice ending. I needed a chuckle, keep em comin' please. Your friend Michel rocks with the stuff he sends ya.

Louise | Italy said...

That's just hilarious! Visiting from Italy via BPOTW.

Anonymous said...

Cute joke! Made me smile. Thanks!

Brenda said...

Lol! Thats great!s