Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Chesapeake Primary

Until the very last minute, I considered voting in the Republican primary today. (You can do that in VA --- one or the other, but not both.)

The cynical calculation for that move would be to vote for Huckabee, the candidate most likely to complicate things for the GOP.

I'm not quite that cynical yet.

Richardson was my first choice and I still think he's the best of the lot who appeared on today's Virginia ballot. But I checked out his web site and he's urging supporters to choose carefully among the candidates still running.

So it came down to Barack or Hilary.

She's smart and her heart's in the right place, but there's little difference between them on the issues and he's way more inspiring.

And her telephone recorded phone messages at dinnertime this weekend didn't help.

Obama '08

6 comments:

Moonbeam said...

I am between a rock and a hard place. None of the candidates have floated my boat yet. Nobody really jumps out at me and says...Mr/Ms President.

I keep thinkin' somewhere out there in these United States of ours, there must be other people more qualified than what we have to pick from when election time comes around.

As I type this looks like you have picked a winner David....NBC is projecting Obama.

Churlita said...

I tried really hard in the caucuses to make Richardson a viable candidate, but we just couldn't get enough people behind us. In the end, Obama got mine too.

dmarks said...

Anyone who spams me loses my vote. That includes phone-spam. Politicians should have the decency to respect the spirit of the "don't call list" registry, even if they legally do not have to.

I agree that their policies are very similar, but I find H.R. to be mean and divisive, in a very sharp contrast to Barack who is much much less so.

sybil law said...

Obama all the way. :)

laughing said...

I had a dyslexic moment.

I thought it said Cheesecake Primary.


I haven't voted in a long time, and I doubt that I'll feel anyone really represents me this time either.

dmarks said...

I'd rather vote for cheesecake than any of the 3 really in the race, anyway. (yes, the cheesecake outfit in the link delivers anywhere)/