Saturday, October 6, 2007

Health Insurance?

A man suffered a serious heart attack and had open heart bypass surgery. He awakened from the surgery to find himself in the care of nuns at a Catholic hospital.

As he was recovering, a nun asked him questions regarding how he was going to pay for his treatment. She asked if he had health insurance.

He replied, in a raspy voice, "No health insurance."

The nun asked if he had money in the bank.

He replied. "No money in the bank."

The nun asked, "Do you have a relative who could help you?"

He said, "I only have a spinster sister, who is a nun."

The nun became agitated and announced loudly, "Nuns are not spinsters! Nuns are married to G-d."

The patient replied, "Send the bill to my Brother-in-law."

(Thanks to my friend Michel, for passing this along.)

3 comments:

Tara said...

This was good, I'll have to pass it along as well! Thanks for the laugh, David!

Churlita said...

That's great. Once when I worked at the business office of our hospital, I had a guy tell me to send the bill to The Vatican and gave me the correct address and everything.

Bubblewench said...

I immediately copied and pasted this and had to email it to my very overly Catholic mother who will love it.

Thanks.