Thursday, January 11, 2007

Insomia Sucks

I spent all effing day Wednesday preparing a big presentation for 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning. I topped the day off tutoring 13-year-olds at religious school Wednesday night.

While reading Monkeyboy in DC his nightly Star Wars fix before bed (he reads 20 minutes of anything he wants and then I top it off with a chapter from a "Rogue Squadron" novel), I told him I was so exhausted I was going to fall asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

I did.

But since 12:30 am, I've seen the digits turn on my trusty digital alarm clock just about every half-hour.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

If I ever meet the guy who invented insomnia, I'm going to give him a giant wedgie and hang him off one of the flagpoles ringing the Washington Monument.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

If you ever do meet the guy who invented insomina and hang him off of a flagpole will you take pictures?

laughing said...

"Someday I'm going to murder the buggler, someday they're going to find him dead..."

Tara said...

And could you do the same thing to the person who invented alarm clocks please?

Jada said...

I have suffered from insomnia since I was 13. I can fall asleep, but I'll wake up every half hour or so. It means I never really enter REM sleep and in the morning I am more tired than ever. It is torture! I feel your pain, David.

Here's to a good night sleep!

David in DC said...

Presentation Thursday went well, despite the lack of sleep. My productivity the rest of the day was for shit, but I managed.

Last night I hadda drink a can of coke at 8:30 just to stay up late enough to read to Monkeyboy before bed.

I got a good night's sleep last night, starting within minutes of finishing reading to him.

So no lasting problem. Yay.

Rachel: If I ever get that picture, it'll go up on the blog.

Laughing: It's nice to have a soundtrack when contemplating mayhem. Thanks.

Tara: Done, he or she is on the list.

Jada: Thanks. Misery loves company.