Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thanks for your patience

Friends:

  • the lingering effects of a cold,

  • the press of a nine-year-old's various engagements in the month of May (violin recital, violin jury appearance, choir concert, little league practice and games, seeing the Spiderman movie, shuttling to and fro to religious school on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, the opening of our neighborhood swimming pool this weekend), plus

  • the press of synagogue business (appearances on the bimah to make announcements and confer Bar/Bat Mitzvah certificates, attendance at a weekday evening Confirmation Service on Shavuot),

have all conspired to make me pretty scarce lately.

Not to mention a shitload of work during work hours.

Pesky bosses.


I'm hoping June is more conducive to frequent posting and commenting.

And to forstall the inevitable, Ted pics will be forthcoming soon.

Reminder: 11:00 am - 11:45, Saturday, June 9th and Sunday, June 10th, I'm singing and playing guitar on the children's stage at Celebrate Fairfax! If you're a D.C. metro area reader, please consider joining me. Monkeyboy and I will do a couple of duets.

7 comments:

Aunty Christ said...

It's sad that this is what my life has come to: Waiting for a man I've never met to post new photos of his pet hamster online. Still, I'm excited to hear that there are Ted pics in the works. Yay Ted! Can you post a picture of him with his cheeks stuffed with food? I love it when those guys do that.

And, argh ... my sympathies on the lingering cold, and good luck on your various obligations.

mielikki said...

I knew I got my new, spring cold from someone! Never suspected you, though. LOL. Thought it was those pesky airplane people I was snuggled up to for hours! Hope your feeling better, soon!

Tara said...

Sounds like some busy times!

I always wondered what it would be like to take violin lessons. It's such a beautiful sounding instrument.

laura b. said...

This is a very busy time of year, especially for parents whose children are in a traditional school schedule. It is the time of all the last minute trips, assignments, and performances.

Anonymous said...

Parents have other stuff to do...I am not one, but I hear you loud and clear.

Head colds and allergies will rip you up this time of year, I have been a yucky the past couple of weeks as well. See you out in the Blog-World.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Oh remember the days.. girl guides, ballet and guitar lessons.. I'm glad I'm no longer doing those things.. You have fun and I will be there in spirit...

Churlita said...

I was singing that exact same song until this week. Now, I finally have time. How sweet it is.