Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Combining Yesterday's Taraday with Today's

A second grade teacher explained to her class that, now that winter break was over, they were going to make a special effort to use grown-up words during show and tell.

Today's show and tell would be about what the kids had done during the winter break.

The first child announced that he'd gone for a ride on a choo-choo.

The teacher asked if he could think of a more grown-up word for the vehicle he'd ridden.

"I went for a ride on a train," said the child. Then, beaming, he added "it was a locomotive."

The teacher praised him and moved on to the next child.

She announced that she'd gone to Nana's house.

Again the teacher asked if the child could use a more grown-up word and the little girl said "I visited with family at my grandmother's house."

This won the little girl praise, as well.

The teacher saw a kind of strange, gleeful look on the next child's face. Forging ahead, she asked what he'd done over the winter break.

With a sparkle in his eye, he announced: "I read Winnie the Shit."

[Note to new readers of this blog. To make sense of this post's heading, click here.]

11 comments:

laura b. said...

hee hee! Classic!

Anonymous said...

Good one....
I think I left-handedly observed the "dirty joke" holiday yesterday...and without even realizing it.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

ha ha.. very cute..

Tara said...

Hehe...I liked that one.
Thank you for playing along!
That reminds me, I'd better do a shout out for May ideas.

Rachel said...

that is great. Anything to make me laugh today is welcome.

Churlita said...

Thanks. I needed that. I'm having a bad day.

Anonymous said...

That, incidentally, is how Winnie's ex-wife refers to him.

dmarks said...

Especially when he is behind in his alihoney payments.

Ezer K'negdo said...

Oh my Lord that was funny!

David in DC said...

Thanks for stopping by everybody.

Nice to meetcha, Wilfred. Hope we see you around these parts more.

Click on the links of any of the rest of these jokers and you'll find much wit and wisdom.

"Alihoney", I actually snorted the second time I read that. Game, set and match ..... dmarks.

David in DC said...

EK: Speaking of the Eternal, check out today's post.