Tuesday, February 26, 2008

White-Knuckling Until A.C.

Work is oppressive right now, and the amount of time I'm spending in traffic being suburbo-dad is getting old fast.

Anyone reading for a year knows I went to Atrlantic City last year with a bunch of guys to watch the Atlantic 10 basketball tournament. I could link to the posts, but I'm too grumpy to bother. You can find 'em along the right hand side of this page if you look.

It was great. The GWU Colonials (twice my alma mater) won the whole shebang, and everybody did a lot of farting, scratching themselves and cursing. We fit in a few games of poker and a I mighta played a couple of hands of blackjack. It's a little foggy.

Well the trip's coming up in a few weeks and I CANNOT WAIT.

It'll be different this year. Fewer folks are coming (GW basketball is less-than-stellar so far this year) and the mix of entertainment will be different.

BUT I CANNOT WAIT.

I'm gonna drive out of here about three Wednesdays from now with Springsteen blaring and a lighter step.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like March Madness (conference tourney version) could not have come at a better time. Have too much fun.

You can keep the DC/Baltimore traffic...one week was enough for me.

mielikki said...

have fun on the much needed trip. I will expect to hear Bruce all the way over here in the republic of Cali

laura b. said...

It's great to have something to look forward to, isn't it? It is.

I was going to request a specific Springsteen song, but I think I love them all...

Tara said...

That is exciting! It'll be a much-needed break for you!

I'm not going anywhere out of state or anything, but on April 16th my friends and I are going to a comedy club to see one of my favorite comedians, Mike Birbiglia. I CANNOT WAIT either!

Bubblewench said...

WOO HOO! A trip! Oh it's coming soon too! You will have a total blast.

sybil law said...

Good for you!!!
Have a great time!