Monday, March 10, 2008

...and Exhale

Phew. We saw the hand surgeon today. He confirms no broken pinky bones. Took off the splint and put the finger in a much less restrictive band-aid and plastic cover combo.

Still not sure how the nail will come out, but Monkeyboy reports that it doesn't hurt right now. After one week more of no bowing the violin or practicing with his new Little League team, he's cleared to do pretty much whatever doesn't hurt.

There is so much in the world you cannot protect them from. I'm a bit terrified about it this moment but know the only healthy thing to do is send him out there to live life anyway.

I'll be AFK from Wednesday to Sunday. Not sure if I'll post again until after the road trip.

Take it easy y'all. Count your blessings.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Ow, poor Monkeyboy! Well thankfully he'll be able to go back to normal play pretty soon. That hurts my left and right pinky thinking about someone else's pinky getting hurt. A former coworker broke a finger once by catching it somehow in the garage door. I ached for her too.

mielikki said...

my eldest nephew broke his arm on the Monkeybars this week. No sports for 6 weeks. He is very bummed. Glad MB is on the mend, quickly! Have an excellent road trip.

laura b. said...

I'm glad MiDC's injury doesn't seem too serious.
And yes, thank you, I will count my blessings.

Churlita said...

I'm always counting my blessings. Have a safe and happy trip. I'm glad to hear that Monkey boy is better and back in the game.

sybil law said...

Yay, Monkeyboy!
Have a safe trip! I know you will...
:)

Bubblewench said...

Glad he is ok.

Drive safe, have fun, and if you get a chance, hit the White House for a hoagie.

laughing said...

Glad you got the good news before you left.