Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stopping Gossip

With thanks to my friend Michel for forwarding this to me:

Stopping Gossip
Channah, self-appointed monitor of the synagogue's morals, kept sticking her nose in to other people's business. Several members did not approve, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused Moishe, a new member, of being an alcoholic after she saw his car parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon. She emphatically told Moishe (and several others) that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing.

Moishe, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn't explain, defend, or deny. He said nothing.

Later that evening, Moishe quietly parked his car in front of Channah's house, walked home, and left it there all night.

8 comments:

Val said...

This is excellent! :) Thanks for making me smile! :)

Churlita said...

Ha ha. I actually heard this one before and it cracks me up every time.

Moonbeam said...

Thanks for the grin I have right now after reading your post.

Btw....welcome back! Hope you had a good safe trip. Did Ted have any good adventures while you were gone?

mielikki said...

Ah, that's a great one. Hope the trip went well (is going well?)

minijonb said...

That's brilliant! I gotta remember that one.

Anonymous said...

I truly laughed out loud at that one. I may have scared my friend's cat.

Great story, great humor, and great moral.

Anonymous said...

This is a good solution....wordless and cold. There is almost a hint of evil to it. Well played.

Good post.

Tara said...

Hehe.. Very good post.

Welcome back, I hope you had a great trip to New York!