Friday, January 5, 2007

Mission Accomplished

This post, over at e.clec.tic spaghetti, reminded me of the first time I watched The Empire Strikes Back with Monkeyboy in DC. He was 6 or 7 and we had it on video tape.

We got to the scene in the Dagobah swamp where Luke is looking for Yoda. I put the video on pause for a minute and told him "Hang on a sec pal, there's an important part coming up. Mr. Lucas wrote some lines here that I think are pretty cool. If you don't remember anything else from this movie, try to remember this."

I turned the video back on.

Luke meets a small, odd creature who seems like a pest, and who he tries to give the brush-off. (It's Yoda, but Luke hasn't figured this out yet.)

Yoda: Help you I can. Yes, mmm.

Luke: I don't think so. I'm looking for a great warrior.

Yoda: Ohh. Great warrior. [Laughs] Wars not make one great.

Monkeyboy puts the video on pause.

"Dad," he asks, "Do you think President Bush has seen this movie?"

7 comments:

ANON1 said...

WTF?

WARNING: The above post makes no sense and reading it will decrease your IQ.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Even at 6 or 7 Monkeyboy is SO observant!!!! From the mouths of babes....

Tara said...

Smart kid! He should run for President.

Thanks for playing along!

Sideon said...

Doubleya has serious issues.

Your son could share his wisdom with the entire Bush clan.

David in DC said...

The first comment was hilarious.

Abusing my guests, not so much.

ANON1 said...

Your guests are brain washed hippy bottom feeders.

David in DC said...

Yup, I'm growing more certain this is some funky form of blog commenters' Tourette's syndrome.