Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Pi Day

If you haven't noticed, today is Pi Day. (I never would have, but RFB works as an actuary and gets excited over number type things.)

Pi Day, you ask?

3.14 is the date and a close approximation of Pi.

I'm told that at 1:59 pm, at places like MIT and CalTech they eat pie. (3.14159 is an even closer approximation of Pi.)

I've posted this too late for the Eastern time zone, but for any of you in the Central, Mountain or Pacific time zones, please have a slice of pie for Pi Day at 1:59.

If you're in the Eastern time zone, go ahead and have the pie anyway. It's never the wrong time for a slice of Pi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm more of a cake person myself, but that doesn't really have any math in it. So I'll celebrate with pi! Thanks for the heads up, David! :)

Moonbeam said...

Oh goody, an excuse to eat pie. Nuttin' like a hot piece of pie. However, I was not given enuff heads up time to prepare. My bod thanks you for that, since I dont really need Pi or Pie. Think I will hold out for 4/20 at 4:20 instead....thats not fattening.

Rachel said...

Don't forget that it is also Steak and BlowJob day.
Steak and Pie....see? A full meal in one day!
And women get even more protein.

Moonbeam said...

LOL..Had to respond to Rachel...sounds like something we ladies shouldnt sink our teeth into tho, huh???
Cant get enuff protein in my diet...love that stuff. Ya know it gives you energy, etc...aahuh.

Come to think of it I didnt realize it was BJ day.