Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ronald Wilson Reagan: American Prophet


"A moment I've been dreading. George brought his n'er-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida; the one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work."

From the REAGAN DIARIES -
entry dated May 17, 1986
(From the REAGAN DIARIES, recently edited by historian Douglas Brinkley and published by HarperCollins.)


5 comments:

Tara said...

Hm, I wonder who he was talking about?..Hmm.

ANON1 said...

David you tree hugging liberal. Every time Osama opens his mouth the market drops. His stimulus package is filled with pork (as a former Muslim I would think Osama hates pork) and his rescue plan is aimed at helping the lazy and stupid. Check out Time where they name the 25 people responsible for this mess. Bill Clinton anyone?

David in DC said...

Yo!

I started responding here and found I had a new post.

So here, I'l just say it's nice to see you. I'm on Facebook now. Look for me there if you're on it. I need new Mafia Wars allies.

The Facebook thing goes for anyone reading this who's so inclined.

Churlita said...

Um, wow. All you did was post something from a diary. You didn't even comment on it. That was quite a reactionary comment from Anon there.

David in DC said...

Dear Churl:

That ain't nothin'.

Browse around the first month or two of my blog.

A-1 and I bring out the best in one another, sort of.

The woman who writes insidious truth had trouble fathoming the nature of our friendship. One time she asked if we were friends, if we knew one another ofline.

We don't. We've just sparred on various blogs.

It's the kind of friendship where I make fun of his brains and he makes fun of my male anatomy.

Insidious Truth opined that only my wife ought to be allowed to make fun of my male anatomy, but she was out-voted.

Please don't take offense on my behalf. I don't.

The rules remain the same: scurrilous attacks on myself or my opinions are ok. Attacks on my guests are verboten.

Best,

http://didc.blogspot.com/2007/06/smelly-useless-hippie.html