Saturday, October 27, 2007

You Guys are Pretty Freakin' Wonderful

I started to type thanks in the comments section of the last post, but it got long so I'm making a new post.

THANK YOU. (Also to my friend who sends e-mail rather than comment here.)

Interestingly, my own feelings, a few weeks out, mirror your comments, in nearly the same ratio: 7/8 "something better will come along/it wasn't meant to be" to 1/8 evil-e.

Also, I keep remembering when I was hired by the Teamsters. I'd just completed two years at home with Monkeyboy for his first two years of life and RFB and I agreed it was time for me to start earning money again because Monkeyboy was old enough, and could benefit from, a quality day care facility we'd scouted (at the IRS, of all places)

My pal who was in the Teamsters Communications Office knew I could write a decent English sentence and was looking for work. He arranged an interview for me with his boss, who was hiring.

I was offered the job, but lost it because I couldn't start soon enough. (They needed me in two weeks and I felt we needed a month to get Monkeyboy comfortably transitioned into day care.)

They hired Mr. Congeniality, who turned out to be anything but. He alienated everyone in the office in record time. By the time they fired his ass, I was now available on shorter notice.

Voila, the most silliest resume progression in human history: Stay-at-home dad to Teamster staff.

Again, thank you everybody, your good wishes really warm the cockles of my heart.

(Does anyone know exactly what those are? I don't. But whatever they are, they're definitely warmed.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On line support staff at your service...

(not taking the obvious approach)
I have no idea what cockles are, but I can guess that they must be cold quite a bit....they seem to always get warmed.

Churlita said...

You are so philosophical about it. I'm glad you have such a healthy attitude.

Rachelle said...

Sorry, I'm just catching up on all this... You seem to have a really great attitude about all this. I'd be more like evil-e on the last post. ;) Ok, not really - maybe a little bit.

Anyway, good luck in finding the job that's really meant for you! And I don't know what cockles are either.

Moonbeam said...

Since I am a collector of anything heart related I found it necessary to look up the warming of one's cockle of the heart. Here ya go:

"One of the meanings of "cockle" is the chamber of a kiln: in reference to the heart, it refers to the chambers, of which there are four (two atria and two ventricles). The heart has always been associated with emotions, especially love, excitement and fear, probably because when we feel a strong emotion we feel our heart thumping and beating faster. So when something "warms the cockles of our heart", it is a reference to something pleasant that makes our heart beat faster and makes us feel good. It is probably also the origin of the saying that something gives us that "warm and fuzzy feeling"."

David in DC said...

e-e: Thanks for the effort. As you can see, moonbeam has done our research for us.

churl: thanks. It took a few weeks to devlop.

rachelle: My attitude's good, now. I was a bit more to the e-e side of the spectrum for a bit. Waited to blog until I'd passed through more of Kubler-Ross' stages of grief As to cockles, see moonbeam's research above.

moonbeam: Thanks. I always wondered.