Early on, there was talk of putting Teddy Kennedy’s name on the final version of the upcoming health care reform legislation. In response, Bob Ceska wrote a Huffington Post piece with the perfect headline:
Healthcare Reform Named After Ted Kennedy Must Not Suck
The current bill is way overdue, but it won’t be worthy of Teddy's monicker. It goes a long way, but it doesn’t get all the way to the finish line on:
- Universal health coverage for all who reside within our borders
- Universal, hassle-free portability
- Mental health parity
- Effective pharmacuetical price controls
- Universal access to the full range of contraceptive, family planning, abortion, and reproductive health care services.
- Universal access to medical marijuana.
Oops, I got carried away.
Strike bullet number six. At least if you’re going to quote me.