Monday, September 17, 2007

Brain Teaser

This is NOT a trick question. It is a very simple, easily solvable question asked a class of 2nd graders. See if you know the correct answer...

2nd GRADE TEST

2nd grade children were asked the following question: "In which direction is the bus pictured below traveling?"


Look carefully at the picture. Do you know the answer? (No tricks... The only possible answers are "left" or "right.")

So, is it "left" or "right"????

Think about it.

Still don't know?

Okay, I'll tell you. The 2nd graders all answered "left."

When asked, "Why do you think the bus is traveling in the left direction?"

They answered: "Because you can't see the door."

Duh !

How do you feel now ???

I know -- me too !

(Thanks to my friend Michel for passing this along)

12 comments:

Churlita said...

I am an idiot apparently. I didn't get it until you told me. Ugh.

Bubblewench said...

OK. That's a good one. Got me.

minijonb said...

great. i'm not as smart as a second grader.

Moonbeam said...

I woulda said left. Mainly because when I enter a shop/store of any kind I start off to the left, which is against the way most people enter a store. It has been proven that store owners put the things they want people to see on the right as you enter, because most people enter a store and go to the right.

I know this has nothing to do with the bus, but it's why I picked left :).

mielikki said...

great. And I was once thinking I was a smart woman. I stand corrected. . .

Anonymous said...

I just saw something very close to that about a week ago....I still could not figure this damned thing out.

Tara said...

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Lol. Great question, though! I'm going to see if I can go back into 2nd grade now. Apparently need more brain exercises.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

ha ha I like that one .. cute...

Anonymous said...

Dang it. Once again I am reminded why they won't let me leave the home without a leash.

Lindy said...

I'm a dumbass! I'm surprised I can leave the house w/out a helmet on!

David in DC said...

Always nice to meet a new reader.

Come around again.

Best,

Didc

Anonymous said...

Hi David, That's a great one! I'll try it on my wife and son tonight. Often it's the simplest-seeming ones that turn out to be the hardest to solve, like one I saw recently about pocket change at the community chat site http://www.holyshnikes.com. Aargh! I wracked my brain. And the answer was as obvious as your bus brain teaser!