Friday, April 18, 2008

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad

I think Bill Clinton was a pretty good president.

But his signal weakness meant squandering practically his whole 2nd term for a hummer from an intern who had explicitly told folks before she went to D.C. that she hoped to earn her Presidential kneepads. D'oh. It really pisses me off whenever I think about it.



And then there's the way the Clintons campaign. It's been ugly before; its ugliness this time around is exponentially worse.

Obama is green, but he makes few missteps and is more-than-occasionally inspirational. When I check where he stands, we usually agree

Obama v. McCain, I probably go with my left-wing sensibilities and vote Obama.

But McCain is a truly admirable guy. I may not agree with him on a lot of things. I think McCain-Feingold is a crime against the 1st amendment, for instance. But I'm confident he could be an able president.

If my party makes me choose between the Clintons and McCain, it gives me my first hard presidential choice since I became eligible to vote in 1980.

11 comments:

ANON1 said...

Come we. We all know you became eligble to vote in 1970, not 1980.

David in DC said...

No, but I wish I was.

Except for that whole draft lottery thing.

Moonbeam said...

I feel visaversa. If my party makes me choose between Obama and McCain, I honestly do not think I will vote for a presidential choice. Just dont feel right bout either of those yoyos. McCain is toooo old and is gonna get things mixed up and Obama, well I just do not like his personality. Silly reasons but thats the way I feel.

Clinton v. McCain, yep I would chad that one for Clinton.

Oh, and I am not gonna tell ya when I was eligible to vote :)

sybil law said...

I agree with you. Clinton sucks. Oh wait - I guess maybe Hillary doesn't LITERALLY suck (haha), but you know what I mean!!! :P

laura b. said...

This election feels more complicated than usual. The peacenik in me just can't wrap my head around McCain's thoughts on Iraq and other, um, trouble spots.

Proudly voting since 1981.

Moonbeam said...

Another thought regarding my first post above.

I wanted to make it clear I am not enthusiastic about being pushed up against a wall to vote for either one of the three choices that are put before me at this point.

I would rather be pushed up against the wall for other thingies.

I will wait until the final two countdown and then still probably for the first time in my voting years decline to make a choice.

Johnny Depp for President...OH YEAH!!!

dmarks said...

The Clinton's and their campaigning? Hillary's official web site actually has a page in it that attacks Obama for what he said in kindergarten.

I really doubt there are ultrasounds stored somewhere of Barack Obama's months spent as a fetus. Otherwise, they would end up as illustrations on Hillary's site on a web page about stuff Obama did wrong in the womb.

Anonymous said...

This whole thing is getting ugly and getting annoying. If these two keep running their mouths and acting like children they will both find themselves without the big title. I think all three central figures are fairly weak and I can only look forward to at least four more ineffectual years from the "commander and chief".

Churlita said...

I'm not the biggest Hillary fan, but I'd still probably vote for her over McCain.

Moonbeam said...

I have a great idea.....

DIDC for President!! and his blogger followers will be in his cabinet. :)

Anonymous said...

Here's a hint people...the President doesn't actully do all of the work. See Ronald Reagan...