Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Seven Strange Things About Me

Meilikki tagged me.

The Rules
A). Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
B). Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
C). Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
D). Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1) I only applied to one school for college and one school for law school.
I score well on those stupid fill-in-the-bubbles multiple-guess tests. As a political junkie going back as far as I can remember, I knew I wanted to go to DC for college. I toured three. At GW, the admissions officer assured me I'd get in if I applied. Of the three schools, only GW didn't require an essay. Voila.

When it came time to apply for law school, I really didn't want to leave DC. Again, my grades were good and my LSAT scores were compelling. GW waived the $35.00 application fee for undergrads and recent alums. Voila again.

2) I cry at weddings, including my own.
O.K., if that's not sufficiently strange or random enough for you: I cried at Rhoda Morgenstern's wedding.

3) I know way more about my father's life from a book than from personal experience.
See here for details.

4) I took a week off of a class in college for Luke and Laura's Wedding.
It met twice that week, during the 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm time slot.

Priorities: No contest.

A bunch of us dressed up and drank champagne the first day, but as soap operas tend to drag this kind of thing out, the wedding took all week. By Tuesday, we were down to sweats and more common-place intoxicants.

Did I cry at Luke and Laura's wedding? Of course I did.

5) On Wikipedia, I'm one of a group of fans who speedily revert vandalism to the article covering our favorite rocker.

6) All four of the original blogs that inspired me to start blogging have now gone inactive.
I've been blogging just under a year.

7) In the mid-late 80's I was on the National Board of Americans for Democratic Action by virtue of being Vice Chair of their Youth Caucus, called Youth for Democratic Action.
I took the position because my much-more-politically active friend, who was Chair, needed someone who

A) could correct the grammar in her letters without being an asshat about it,
B) wouldn't plot against her, and
C) she'd never canoodled with.

Because she was a girl, tradition dictated that her Vice Chair be a boy.

All the other potential candidates for Vice Chair (the other male-types on the Steering Committee) didn't fit into one or more of the categories listed above. Most were disqualified on all 3 counts.

OK, now I'm supposed to tag 7 random people:

Bob,
Tom,
Steve,
Rebecca,
Ashley,
Jasmine, and
Pat.

Since these are truly random people, in the sense that I do not know any of them, I cannot notify them of the tag on their blogs. If any of them have one.

Anyone who'd like to answer this meme, please consider yourself tagged, too.

8 comments:

mielikki said...

Hey, I know Pat, she'd love to play, ha ha.

Great answers. Rhoda, huh? But I get the Luke and Laura thing, totally.

sybil law said...

RHODA!!!!
I always thought you sounded cool!

sybil law said...

Um, to clarify, I do think you're cool! Haha
I mean to say, I liked Rhoda!
Okay. Clearly I need sleep!

Tara said...

I love that you had a party for a soap opera. :D My friends throw a holiday party every year and get all themed up based on the movie "Trapped in Paradise" (Nicholas Cage, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz). I was invited last year and it was so much fun.

I decided to do this meme again.

Churlita said...

I thought my mom was the only one who cried at Rhoda's wedding.

laura b. said...

Who is your favorite rocker?

David in DC said...

Mielikki: Yeah, he should have an interesting post.

You getting Luke and Laura but not Rhoda is undoubtedly because I'm so, um, "chronologically-challenged".

Sybil: Thanks for noticing.

Sybil: Rhoda rocks.

Tara: You never know what goofy idea's gonna turn out to be fun and what one's just gonna stay goofy.

Thanks for being a taggee.

Churl: Usual, when someone compares me to a mother, the mother part is only a prefix.

Laura: Springsteen.

Bubblewench said...

Rhoda! BA HA hA HA! I think I cried at that one too..

And the Luke & Laura! No way.. that's a little crazy there DiDC!