Friday, February 23, 2007

Near-Panic

I'm swamped and overwhelmed and anxious and depressed.

Two days ago I fled the office in a panic after 2:00 pm.

I'd already handled two delicate situations deftly (with explicit congratulations from my boss on each) but all I could think of was that I was falling ever-more-steadily behind, that I'd reached my limit of 4 anti-anxiety pills per day in under 7 hours, and that I hadda get outta there, posthaste.

Yesterday, you may have noticed, I threw the word "scary" in as an adjective to describe my office.

I've never been so happy for Friday to arrive in all my life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you. That sucks. Hopefully Shabbat will help.

Moonbeam said...

TGIF to the Max! Fridays have a way of letting you breath a sigh of relief as you head out the door at the end of the day. Hang in there.

Tara said...

Q: When is a door not a door?
A: When it's ajar.

There's your Friday joke. Have a relaxing and fun weekend!

dmarks said...

Enjoy it, and hope you find some good hot-dogs today too.

David in DC said...

EK, thanks. As luck would have it, I've got bimah duty tonite and tomorrow making announcements tonite and giving a bar mitzvah his certificate tomorrow. Two sessions of unabashed singing and worship will be good for my spirits as well as my spirituality.

Moonbeam, what can I say? You know your good wishes always help bouy me up.

Tara:
Q: How many pshrinks does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Only one, but the light bulb has to really want to change.

Dmarks: I never sausage a thing.

dmarks said...

DIDC: At least you were frank about it.

David in DC said...

DMarks: The new icon is a real weiner.

dmarks said...

It's taken me a while to ketchup on such blogging basics as icons.