Thursday, March 6, 2008

Busy

In the last 48 hours I've:

Spilled coke on my keyboard, requiring the purchase of a new keyboard,

Crawled around in the unfinished attic of my house at 2:00 am chasing alleged squirrels RFB thinks she heard there. So far no evidence of squirrels in our attic. In RFB's, maybe,

Rushed home from work in the middle of the day to pick-up Monkeyboy at school for a 4-hour visit to the emergency room (our 5th in ten years). Nothing serious, in the end, we think. May lose a right pinky nail. Must see a hand surgeon for final diagnosis,

Carried on a running battle on Wikipedia about whether Peter Yarrow's article should be focused on a blow-job he got from a 14-year-old groupie in the 60's or on his music,

Pissed off, or been pissed off by, a ton of volunteers at work,

Suffered nightly insomnia, and

Generally felt like I was caught on a never-ending merry-go-round of agitation and horribleness.

Tutoring tonite was a welcome respite. I worked on Hebrew in transliteration in a group of five adults instead of doing one-on-one tutoring, with real Hebrew letters and vowels, with a series of four adolescents. It was rewarding. One of you was there and helped make the hour go by in minutes. Thanks.

Here's hoping the days get less interesting from here.

March 12th, A.C.

It's a town full of losers, I'm pullin' outta here to win.

(1000 non-redeemable, non-transferable points to the first one to identify this especially appropriate lyric for driving to the Jersey shore. Void where prohibited by law.)

7 comments:

Moonbeam said...

Thunder Road...Bruce Springsteen of course.

Have a good trip. May your life be less hectic when you return.

Anonymous said...

Have fun, enjoy the trip and slow down.

No one likes a sticky keyboard.

May RFB have no more trouble with the squirrels.

Hope the kiddo is alright.

I thought blow-jobs and rock and roll went together, they are usually just implied.

Damned volunteers

Damned insomnia

mielikki said...

moonbeam beat me to it. But I am listening to the song in my head as I type, maybe it will drive out my squirrels. And no I am not having insomnia. Sadly, I am at work. Is it insomnia if I can't sleep during the day, though?
Hope MB finger gets better
hope your days are less eventful
have fun with the Hebrew

Churlita said...

I've been having problems sleeping lately too. Do you think it's the change of seasons that aren't really changing?

laura b. said...

Is having squirrels in your attic like having bats in your belfry?

Sounds like that road trip can't come soon enough!

sybil law said...

Ooooh everyone beat me to the lyrics!
Anyway, I hope everything evens out soon. I am in limbo between jobs and a life, apparently, so I can sorta relate. Sunny days help enormously - however, we haven't had many of them lately!!!!
Stupid sunshine!
:)

Bubblewench said...

I'm late on the lyrics too.. AC TODAY for you! Hope you hav a blast.